Topics : However, he urged people to stick to strict social distancing rules, despite the rigors of an eight-week-old lockdown to limit the second wave.”If people don’t do the right thing in the final few weeks of the lockdown, or if they lie about where they’ve been, there’s no COVID-normal Christmas,” he said.Stringent rules in Australia’s second most populous state have proved divisive, with some provoking criticism from businesses, protest groups and even federal authorities.Victoria announced changes to its “triggers” to determine further easing after announcing an immediate end to nightly curfews and possible advancement of the next round of such easing by a week, to Oct. 19. The latest relaxation allowed 127,000 people to return to work on Monday, at manufacturing and food processing industries among others, offering a boost to the hard-hit economy.But Melbourne retained strict curbs on where people can go and ordered a fine of nearly A$5,000 ($3,527) for those flouting limits on gatherings to two households in an outside space.Victoria reported just five new virus cases and three deaths in the past 24 hours, down from a daily tally that topped 700 in early August.The most populous state of New South Wales reported on Monday its second consecutive day without a virus case in more than three months, as did the northeastern state of Queensland.Andrews said the downward trend in new infections bodes well for summer sporting events, such as the annual Boxing Day cricket test match and the Australian Open tennis tournament.”What I can say, though, is, if we all stay the course and we continue to see these numbers down, that it becomes more possible to have a crowd of some size,” Andrews said.Australia’s tally of infections stands at just over 27,000 with 875 deaths, with Victoria contributing about 75% of cases and nearly 90% of all deaths.The numbers are still well below those in many other developed nations battling new waves of infection.New Zealand recorded no new cases overnight as a recent outbreak eased. That has fuelled talk of travel between the Pacific neighbors resuming by year-end.It was “possible” that New Zealanders would be able to travel to some Australian regions before Christmas, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told state broadcaster TVNZ on Monday.Plans for a travel ‘bubble’ between the neighbors lost pace following the Melbourne resurgence of the virus and Auckland’s second wave of infections. Australia’s city of Melbourne, its hotspot in the second wave of coronavirus infections, is on track to return to near normal by Christmas, strengthening hopes for major summer sporting events to go ahead amid a general economic revival.Southeastern Victoria state recorded a single digit rise in new cases for the first time in three months on Monday, with the lifting of some of the toughest curbs its capital of Melbourne, such as a night-time curfew, Premier Daniel Andrews said.”That is a very, very significant set of numbers. We are well ahead of schedule,” Andrews told a daily news conference, anticipating a move to “COVID normal”, with most curbs eased.
Baker Hughes, a GE company, (BHGE) has reported profit of $32 million or 6 cents per diluted share on GAAP basis for the quarter ended March 31, 2019.Adjusted diluted earnings per share were 15 cents per share.The result compared with $70 million profit in Q1 2018, down 55%, and also down sequentially some 76% from $131 million or 28 cents per share.Revenue for the quarter was $5,615 million, a decline of 10%, sequentially. The decline was driven primarily by seasonality across most businesses. Turbomachinery and Process Solutions was down 27%, Digital Solutions was down 14%, and Oilfield Services was down 3%, partially offset with Oilfield Equipment up 1%.Compared to the same quarter last year, revenue was up 4%.Orders for the quarter were $5,693 million, down 17% sequentially and up 9% year-over-year. The sequential decrease was a result of seasonality in all product companies.GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) operating income for the first quarter of 2019 was $176 million. Operating income declined $206 million sequentially and increased $217 million year-over-year. Total segment operating income was $373 million for the first quarter of 2019, down 39% sequentially and up 14% year-over-year.Depreciation and amortization for the first quarter of 2019 was $350 million.“BHGE delivered a solid first quarter against a backdrop of stabilizing global oil and gas markets. U.S. rig count dropped slightly less than expected, and international activity remained steady. The LNG market is very active. While the speed of the recovery varies across these markets, we see our Company positioned to benefit from multiple growth drivers,” said Lorenzo Simonelli, BHGE chairman, president and CEO. “We have a positive outlook across a number of end markets. Strengthening international markets will have the largest positive impact on our business, while operators in North America will continually re-evaluate their spending plans. The next wave of LNG projects will be positive for us, and we continue to see encouraging signs in the offshore market,” concluded Simonelli. read more
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights While a decision like this is never easy, I also feel that it is the right time for me to pass on the baton. I will still be available to play international and domestic T20 cricket, but would also like to invest more time towards my growing family, who are my number one priority. I have been privileged to live out my dream playing a sport I love, and I am forever grateful for the support I have received from my teammates, coaches, family, friends, and fans throughout the years.Duminy has played 193 ODIs so far – scoring 5047 runs at an average of 37.39 – in addition to bagging 68 wickets. The 2019 World Cup will be Duminy’s third appearance in the tournament, having featured for South Africa in 2011 in the subcontinent and in 2015 in Australia and New Zealand. The announcement comes close on the heels of Imran Tahir’s, who also revealed that the mega-event in England will be his last in ODI colours.Meanwhile, South Africa will be up against Sri Lanka in the last of five-match series on March 16. The ODI series is scheduled to be followed by the T20 International series which will begin on March 19. South Africa will play their first World Cup game against India on June 5 at the Rose Bowl, Southampton. Duminy set to retire post-ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. South Africa will play Sri Lanka in a one-day International game today. South Africa will play their first World Cup game against India on June 5 at the Rose Bowl, Southampton. New Delhi: JP Duminy, who has been as successful as anyone in the middle-order for South Africa is set to hang his boots from one-day International cricket after the conclusion of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 which is scheduled to happen later this year. The left-handed batsman, however, will be available for selection for South Africa for T20 Internationals. Duminy had earlier announced retirement from the longest format of the game in September 2017 after donning the white jersey in 46 International games for the Proteas. “The last few months on the sidelines have given me an opportunity to re-assess my career going forward and to plot some goals I’d like to achieve in the future,” he said about his decision.” read more